GSA Travel Awards 2007-2008
Guidelines and criteria for selection of award winners
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) of UC Merced is seeking applications for the GSA Conference Travel Award for the year 2007-2008. Travel awards will be up to $400/ for actual expenses. The award will be provided to the winners in the form of reimbursement for their out of pocket expenses after the conference. The amount awarded will be based on (i) need and (ii) stage of graduate study.
(i) You are a current graduate student at UC Merced;
(ii) You presented a poster or gave a talk at a conference after August last year (2007) or are planning to do so by the end of August this year (2008).
(iii) You incurred out of pocket expenses to attend the conference (i.e. your adviser or other sources did not/will not cover those expenses for you).
(ii) Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. nobody else is covering those expenses). If awarded a GSA travel award, all receipts and proof of conference attendance will be required to be submitted after the conference in order to receive these funds.
2. An abstract of your poster/presentation/paper with all the authors and their contact (e-mail/phone) info
3. Confirmation info of abstract/paper acceptance from the conference organizers or a letter of support from the student’s advisor, proving attendance and presentation of poster/talk/paper at this particular conference. Please ask your adviser to e-mail this letter of support to
4. A summary list of incurred/anticipated conference costs, including accommodation (with hotel name, room rate), registration, food and travel. Any receipts, if already received, should be attached to the application.
5. A summary lost of other sources of funding for the conference (if any), including amounts/percentage of the total cost that have been/will be covered by those sources.
6. A < 250 word statement describing why you should be granted the award.
Incomplete applications missing any of the required criteria or documents, as listed above, will not be considered.
Application deadline 11 pm May 14, 2008.
E-mail application to UCMercedGSA@gmail.com directly with the subject line ‘Letter of support for (your name)’.